Friday, February 10, 2012

What I'm Obsessed With (this week)

I have no great updates to report about my weight loss goals this week. Boo :-(. Actually, I'm not that sad about it because I am exercising and eating well and generally feeling good about things. I also think I can contribute some of my lack of progress to what I'm obsessed with this week: Chicken noodle soup! Yum.

I'm not sure if I've written about this before, but for so long here in Basel I missed canned soup. It's not something readily available in the grocery store. It sounds silly but there is nothing like a good can of Campbell's soup when you have a cold or a flu and want something warm and comforting. I can order canned soup from a website here. It costs $7.50 for a small can. Pllleasssse. No one needs canned soup that bad! So, I started making my own. Chicken stock and all. After eating my own soup for a while, I brought back a few cans of Campbell's from the US. I'm no great cook but bleh! My soup tasted much better to me (maybe it's the "love" I added along with blood, sweat and tears). It also brought me so much joy to watch my son lap it up and ask for "mo" knowing I had made it.  :-)

Two weeks ago when I was sick, I really wanted soup but wasn't even interested in the other can we had in the pantry and had no energy to cook up a pot. So, this week I made a huge pot with the intention to freeze it. There is just one problem. I can't stop eating it!!! It has been my breakfast, lunch and dinner most days. I think I have 1 bowl left that I could freeze...or maybe I'll eat it for dinner. I'm sure the sodium is killing my diet (although since it's homemade, it doesn't have all the added salt and preservatives) but I don't care. It is YUMMY!

Also, my son has started to really get into Elmo. I show him some of the videos on my phone from YouTube and now whenever he sees my phone he asks for "em-o." Some of the current songs with various artists are really good. This week I am obsessed with will.i.am's "What I am." I love his serious face, the characters' little head bobs and I especially love the words. Check it out here:

"What I am"

I'm serious. It will brighten your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment