Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 12 already???

I looked at my calendar today and realized it's already day 12 of my 100 day challenge. It's been a little bit of a roller coaster ride while I've been trying to figure out what works for me and what I really want out of this experience. The short term goal is to lose weight but my long term goals are to learn how to eat in a balanced way (not depriving and being satisfied) and continue exercising for physical health (not just to lose weight). I think it's going to take me more than 100 days to really get it but I'm off to a decent start.

In the last 12 days I've learned these few things about myself:

#1. If I deprive myself of things I want to eat, I swing the other way and end up eating WAY more than I would if I just had what I wanted in the first place. Overeating is not usually a problem for me, but I find it becomes a problem when I try to limit my diet to certain foods. I just need some pizza once a week. Even if it's homemade with tons of veggies or on an english muffin. I NEED it! :-)

#2. (and probably most important) I make the best choices when I exercise!!! After a good workout, I don't want to ruin all my hard work so I make good choices or I feel like I can cut myself some slack because I exercised. It's a win-win. I just feel better.

So, my goal this upcoming week is to make sure I get in some really good exercise. I had a great workout today. 45 minutes on the elliptical and 30 tough minutes with my trainer. I am looking forward to more days like today.

Weight stats:

Day 1: 127.8

Day 12: 127

Almost a pound. I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, always remember that muscle weighs more than fat!... so, when you start eating better combined with exercising, you lose fat and gain muscle - meaning that at least at first, the weight loss might seem less than it should be. Don't be discouraged! :)
    S xx

    ReplyDelete